Search This Blog


Sunday, March 14, 2010

Agent Provocateur Maitresse

I never had intentions on buying this perfume. I just happened to be in Bloomingdales one day and they had a table of a few selected perfumes that were 50% off: Waterford, Betsey Johnson, and Agent Provocateur. I figured for 50% off I would take a chance on it. If I liked it, great, if not, oh well, at least the bottle was visually pretty. I honestly wasn't expecting to like this fragrance. At first sniff I thought it was too heavy for my taste, but sometimes things change.

The packaging is so sexy! It is a gold almost egg-like shaped bottle with a red silhouette of a semi-nude woman, almost pinupesque, gorgeous.





The fragrance notes are:



Top:
  • Ylang-Ylang
  • Lotus
  • Violet
Middle:
  • Rose
  • Jasmine
  • Aldehydes
  • Osmanthus
Bottom:
  • Musk
  • Amber
  • Patchouli
  • White suede
  • Iris
At first spray the initial smell can be a little strong, but do not worry, it will relax and become more tame as time goes on. This is definetly a more mature and nighttime smell, as in it exudes sexiness. Before reading any other reviews my first reaction to wearing this perfume is "SEXY." It is THE sexiest smelling perfume I have encountered. With that being said I feel as if this perfume can be a MAJOR confidence booster for anyone. I really enjoy this smell when I need a little winding-down time, so I will quite often spray this in my room before I go to bed. It is a quite long lasting perfume. It does not smell soooo strong as if choking you. The bottoms notes are definetly visible, providing all the sexiness. All the reviews I have read have been by women, but none mention how any man in their life has reacted to this fragrance. I am really curious if men find this sexy, or is this what women think is sexy?

Since this purchase, Bloomingdales no longers carries Agent Provocateur, nor does any department store in my area. There is an Agent Provocateur store located in downtown Chicago, but I almost never go down there. So, on one of my recent trips to Vegas I stopped into The Ceaser's Palace Shoppes and visited their Agent Provocateur store. I purchased another Maitresse product that has flakes of gold in it, so when you spray it it leaves you with a little bit of shimmer.


I also purchased Agent Provocateur's Agent Provocateur (the sales girl's favorite, but not so much mine).



I also purchased the Diamond Dust Edition (the same as the above fragrance, just infused with REAL diamond dust, c'mon ladies! Who doesn't love diamonds!)



Review of the other perfume to come! :)

1 comment:

  1. AHAH, you are lying.. you didnt expect to buy that perfume? When you leave the house you should just EXPECT to buy some.. (case closed) lol. no, but seriously that bottle is like sex in a gold egg.. you are right. I would get it just to look at the bottle. seriously.. I dont like the all pink bottle as much as I like the gold one. I would def pick this up if I could find it for 50% off :)

    ReplyDelete